My exhibition work is an ‘unfolding story’ of my pursuit to perfectly balance the qualities of contemporary porcelain, its whiteness and purity with notes of vintage 70’s stoneware, gritty clays, slips and oxide washes.
An investigation into relief decoration used in jasper-ware, with a contemporary take, porcelain on stoneware.
My work has notes from the following starting points:
- Natural Forms- Inspired by botanical and aquatic inspired protrusions.
- Artefacts & Archeology- Forms and mark making of Ancient Pots.
- Textile Design- Knots, weave, loops and stitches.
- Modernist Design- British Studio Tradition.
- The Feminine- The union of hard and soft, strength & fragility.